Osteopathy is a gentle and effective approach to treating pain and dysfunction anywhere in your body. Osteopathic treatment is based on three principles:
- the body is a unit
- it has its own self-regulating and healing mechanisms
- structure and function are reciprocally related
The aim of osteopathic treatment is to assist your body’s self-regulating and healing mechanisms, by removing obstacles to their proper function, especially in the muscular, circulatory and nervous systems. People of all ages, from babies to seniors, may benefit from osteopathic treatment.
Tegmen Osteopathy offered a comprehensive range of modalities. These included
- Osteopathy in the Cranial Field, also known as Cranial Osteopathy
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Counterstrain and Functional Technique
- High Velocity, Low Amplitude joint technique
- Soft Tissue techniques
At Tegmen, treatment included understanding the causes of your symptoms, and advice on how to address contributing influences such as ergonomics, lifestyle and exercise. Also, when required, referrals were provided to relevant professionals for appropriate investigations and treatment.